Thursday, March 15, 2007

I'd like to say...

...that I've been busy.

That I've been working out. That I've been to Houston. That I've been examining my novel in the bleak hope of redeeming it.

That I'm currently reading a bunch of books (three, to be exact. The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver, The Time Traveler's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger, and The Angel of Darkness, by Caleb Carr.).

That I've been cooking food for my roommates. That I've been participating in an entrepreneurship competition that hopes to discover a new generation of social emancipators. That I've been on the phone a dozen times in the past week, trying to get through to Apple Care, spelling my incredibly long and unwieldy eight syllable name out to all the different people I've spoken to.


And when I tell you these things, you might nod your head sagely. You might say, Ah, I see why you aren't as active on your blog as you were the previous month. You might sympathize, thinking that I am busier than I used to be, and that this is a perfectly legitimate reason for the lack of blog posts on this page.

But you would be mistaken, because even though I seem very occupied, I'm no more so than I was a month ago. A graduate student such as myself must expect to be busy, and learn to deal with it at a very basic level. Days will be crowded, nights packed. The mind expects to be occupied all the time, even when it is about to go to sleep and wakes up from it.

No, the reason for this blog's temporal barrenness can be traced directly to the lethargy of its author.